Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Can't Repeat the Past...?"


Let the countdown continue.  May 10th is the official release date of the Baz Luhrmann version of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.  I've mentioned a few times that it's my favorite novel of all time, but there are many celebrations going on for the release.  Tiffany and Co. just had a party this week, showcasing some of the pieces used in the film.  And, today I see that Vogue Magazine revisits the 1974 version and the fabulous fashions from the film.  Take a look.






All photos courtesy of Vogue Magazine

Want your own Gatsby look?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see this movie, hopefully it'll be as good as the book. =)

I'm following you, and I hope you'll follow back. =)

www.fashionandstilettos.com

xoxo

Blondie's Journal said...

Mia Farrow was quite a beauty and Robert Redford was perfectly cast as Jay. It's nice that homage is being paid to the original, I thought it was flawless and keeping with the essence of the book. But with current technology in film making and costume design, I am as excited as you to see it!

XO,
Jane